Leptoglossus occidentalis (Heidemann, 1910)
According to The Pennsylvania State University 2013, the adults feed on ripening seeds until early fall and then seek overwintering sites under pine bark, in dead and dry Douglas firs, and in hawk and rodent nests. At the onset of cold weather, adult bugs may also enter buildings in search of protected overwintering sites.
This image was Focus Stacked with 19 Images.
- English: Western Conifer Seed Bug
- German/Austrian: Amerikanische Kiefernwanze
- Image: 1920x1080
- Location: Austria, Niederösterreich, Ober-Danegg, Hohlweg
- Date: 04/03/2017
- Copyright: Per Hoffmann Olsen
- Camera: Canon EOS 50D
- Lens: Sigma 150mm APO Macro